Recently there was a huge gathering of a party started by actor turned politician in chennai, it made me to think about how a political party should be run in India? especially in tamil nadu, which had been under the rule of dravidian parties for the past 3o odd years, the political culture of the state , i felt is in a very bad state. These are my small fragments of thoughts, some may disagree or have better points , am ready for a healthy discussion always. Am presenting my view point from a citizen's angle about the ideal political party, when the word ideal is used it shows that its imaginary or unattainable, any way lets wait and watch..
2.No improbable and unappropriate and impossibble or unwanted promises made just for the election's sake.
3. No personal attacks on any one , this has to be adopted as partys motto , right from the head to the last supporter should refrain themself from attacking the individuals in public.
4.Meetings or any activities should not cause peril to the public life and shouldnot disturb the lifestyle of people of that area.
5. Its better to have a leader who in his personal life too disciplined, as in making some important policy decisions its neccessary that he should be in a position of command and not in a position of dispute because of his own behaviour.
6. Enough off great orators, we need people who will execute and convert the words in to acts.
7. The party should have a strong internal democracy.
8. No more family politics please (the most important one)
9. A party that doesnt overstuff it's ideologies in those people who are not interested in it( but first you need some ideologies to stuff!! thats different), and allows its members to express itself freely.
10. The supporters and members must not be just like a sheep herd , but should have some discriminative capacity and should not be blind to some unscrupulous deciscion at the highest level, at the same time they definitly should have immense discipline and respect to partys ideologies and leader.
11. The most important is the supporters, members and leader should not look politics as a new business or alternate or additional source of income , please dont come with the intention that if we invest 1 lakh we will reap 20 lakhs, this kind of business attitude should be thorougly eradicated.
12 The order of priority in taking a deciscion for a party leader should be country and people first(irrespective of power) second his party and members, lastly his own likes and dislikes.
13.Money management is important, always dont spend money lavishly in useless things like gatherings, etc instead that money can be used for doing something constructively for society.
14'lastly a people friendly party and easily approachable leader with whom we can share our public grievances.
15. A party that doesnot encourage violence in any level, that does not support any unwanted strikes and bandhs that affects public life.
hmm..after nearly 60 years of independence i couldnt find a party that matches all these criterias, and i know that its tumultuos task , it requires maturing of an entire generation, but let us awaken our self and awaken people arround ourself, its time to say loudly and clearly that WE NEED A CHANGE!!